Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 outreach day for Sydney 

State/Province/Country: Virginia
There will be an outreach day for Sydney, Australia. We're going to meet up at 2:30pm EST Sunday Dec 13 (that's 6:30am on Monday Sydney time). We'll talk about how as a group we can help with outreach to professionals and who will help with writing emails to therapists and the like.

This is to support Tam and two newcomers who will soon be meeting up in Sydney.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:15 am

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Bump...

And here's a sample letter (modified for Sydney) that could be sent to therapists, psychologists, marriage counselors, and student counselors. It has no links in it so that it is not filtered out as spam.

Scott

Quote:
Dear Dr. / Ms. / Mr. Doe
I am a video game addict and part of my recovery from compulsive gaming is being helpful to fellow sufferers. Undoubtedly, you have met clients whose compulsive video game play is hurting their relationships, jobs and health. The Sydney area now has a mutual support group for video game addiction that will meet fortnightly at XXXday at X:00 pm. We'll meet at a coffee shop for now and eventually find a more private place.
Our fellowship has male and female members aged 22-57 who have been game free and recovering from this addiction for over a year. Please feel free to contact one of our members by responding if you or any of your clients have questions, or visit the Computer Gaming Addicts Anonymous website.
Thanks for your support,
Name-of-local-member

Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:53 pm

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
I'm sorry I won't be able to be there. At a conference this weekend which is finishing up tomorrow and then I travel. :(

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]