Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Second Annual CGAA Meetup May 20-23 

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
It looks like there are a lot of people who need rides from NYC. I'll be staying in the NYC area, and atm I plan on renting a car and bringing some folks who would need it. I am planning on staying all three nights. If you are wanting to stay Friday afternoon through Monday morning, let me know and I'll assign you a seat in the magical not-yet-specified rental car. :) If you want to get a ride out with me and back with someone else, that's all good as well. Let me know by pm.

MODIFIED, MARCH 15th: At the moment I have 3 seats available on the way to the meetup--leaving NYC area mid-day on Friday. I have 2 seats coming back on Monday morning. Our Monday morning departure will be at or before 9 a.m., depending on who needs to get dropped where.

Please let me know by pm if you would like a ride.

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:50 am

State/Province/Country: United States
Scott,

Are there still spots open in the house? I am planning on paying via paypal. Let me know as soon as you can, Just in case I need to make plans to stay elsewhere.

Best,
Alex S

Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:08 pm

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Yes, there are open spots. If you pay using PayPal, use the free "Pay to Friends" rather than the business payment method which charges $3.

We'll need to work out sleeping arrangements at some point. The house sleeps 15. The webpage on the house says that it has six queen beds and two queen pull-out sofas, so that's 8 beds. We'll probably have 10-14 people, so we'll need to be creative with sleep space.

I'm bringing an air mattress and sleeping bag. If a few other people are willing to either bring an air mattress or sleeping pad or double up with a friend, that'll do it.

Some people are only staying 1 or 2 nights, and two people (so far) are staying at a motel.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:20 pm

State/Province/Country: United States
Scott wrote:
Yes, there are open spots. If you pay using PayPal, use the free "Pay to Friends" rather than the business payment method which charges $3.

We'll need to work out sleeping arrangements at some point. The house sleeps 15. The webpage on the house says that it has six queen beds and two queen pull-out sofas, so that's 8 beds. We'll probably have 10-14 people, so we'll need to be creative with sleep space.

I'm bringing an air mattress and sleeping bag. If a few other people are willing to either bring an air mattress or sleeping pad or double up with a friend, that'll do it.

Some people are only staying 1 or 2 nights, and two people (so far) are staying at a motel.

Thanks for letting me know Scott. I might bring a sleeping bag just in case there aren't any available beds.

-Alex S

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:53 pm

If anyone is flying to NYC and needs a place to crash Thursday night, I do have space in my house in Brewster, NY (about 1.5 train ride from Manhattan), and can offer a ride on Friday -- however, I'm not planning to leave until close to the end of the workday on Friday. I am planning to drive back Sunday afternoon or evening.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:08 am

State/Province/Country: Vermont, USA
I am planning to be there for at least 2 nights, possibly 3. (Might leave on Sunday or Monday.)

I live in northern Vermont, across the lake from Plattsburgh in New York. I really don't want to drive the whole way alone. The only person I know of on my route is Sheesh in Albany, but if anyone else lives in New England or northern New York or Montreal, let me know.

I've talked to Sheesh and he isn't sure if he can go, but if he does, I'm driving via Albany.
Alternately, I am considering Megabus. It goes from Burlington to NYC, and if I take that, I'll be looking for a ride. Stay tuned for final decisions.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:22 pm

State/Province/Country: Texas
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the fellowship but have been really encouraged by the people I've met here and the stories I've heard. I'd like to come to the meetup, assuming that is appropriate. I'd come for all 3 days and I'd be coming from New York. I'd love to carpool. I know Jeff mentioned getting a group together but if his car is full I'm also happy to drive my car up and take 3-4 people. I can bring a sleeping bag. I'll go make my deposit shortly, just wanted to reach out and make sure there was still space and let people know I'm interested.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:46 am

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
My car is not full. At the moment the only thing I am sure about is one person coming back to NYC with me on Monday morning. On Friday, I will leave the New York area sometime in the middle of the day.

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:58 pm

State/Province/Country: California
I get to come! :) Patience and obsessively checking airfare has paid off, and the flight prices went down today.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:12 pm

State/Province/Country: Mmm, USA
I wish I knew about this group sooner! I would have saved up. Have fun everyone!

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next