Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Second Annual CGAA Meetup May 20-23 

State/Province/Country: Virginia
We're planning a meet-up/conference/retreat Friday May 20 (3pm checkin) - Monday May 23 (11am checkout), held in a rented house in Blakeslee, Pennsylvania.

If there's any chance you will come, please post here or write Scott to say how many days (one, two or three) that you will be / might be coming.

The house has internet access. We will have an online voice Anniversary meeting from the house that everyone around the world can participate in.

Costs:
$50 for one night, $70 for two, $90 for three. For those staying elsewhere, I suggest a contribution of $5 per day plus $5 per meal. To pay, see topic734.html (PM me if you can't access this post.)

The total is around $700. If fewer than ten people come, we'll have to collect a bit more. For example, if eight people come we'll need to pay another $16 each. If more than ten people come, we will use the extra money collected to buy food for the whole group.

I am covering the damage deposit for now. If any of that deposit is withheld, we'll all need to chip in for it. Most likely, there will be no damage costs, but it could run as high as $40 each.

Food:
Depending on how many people come / how much money we collect, we will buy some amount of bulk staples, maybe $100-$250 worth. Please bring snacks or special foods you'd like to have.

Cars:
Carpool if you can. The parking probably wouldn't hold ten cars, and we have to pay $10 for each car beyond four.

Hope you can make it! :hugs:

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:51 pm

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
Scott wrote:
Hi everybody, it's only four months til the second anniversary of CGAA, which means time to prepare for another meetup in May. I've put a questionnaire together for polling on location and date, but want to ask if anyone wants to add locations to the list. For locations, I have:

Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, California, Colorado, and Texas

For dates, I have the first, second and third weekends in May. (May 6-8, 13-15, 20-22) The first weekend is Mother's Day.

Does anyone want me to add a location or date to the survey before I put it out?

Slight clarification on dates: If we are thinking of the weekends as Friday-Sunday, in May 2016, the first weekend is May 6-8 (Friday the 6th-Sunday the 8th), which is indeed Monther's Day weekend, the second is May 13-15 and the third is May 20-22.

I can't think of other reasonable locations. I do think it's important to have it where as many members as possible can get to it, although I know that that will disadvantage those of us in the South and West. :( But since we are still small, that's a big consideration I think.

I'm glad you're starting this conversation, Scott. It will be important to set date and place early, so that those of us who come from afar can make plans. (Or, if everyone is coming to Colorado, I'll have to make even more complex plans. :) ).

I'd like to suggest that meeting leaders who would like to consider inserting a statement like this in the endnotes of the meeting (we probably don't need to say this at every meeting; maybe just a few during the next week or so):

"CGAA is currently planning our second annual meetup for May. If you might be interested, please check the forum for more information."

This would allow some folks who don't normally get to business meetings to participate in the survey.

Also, Scott, could you put something on the survey to indicate whether people would be likely to attend if it is in various locations, if that's possible? People may be able to make it to several places, even if they prefer only one.

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Quote:
Slight clarification on dates

Yes, thanks, I changed the dates.
Quote:
People may be able to make it to several places, even if they prefer only one.

Yes the SurveyMonkey survey allows multiples choices / rankings, which a forum poll does not.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Ok then, I'll add a line to the meeting format to announce the gathering and survey. Please answer the two questions when you get a chance. I'd like to get a place booked well ahead of time.

The survey is at http://cgaa.info/annual-cgaa-meetup/

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 pm

State/Province/Country: Vermont, USA
I've tried this, but it does not take me to a survey... what's up?

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:45 am

caroleotter wrote:
I've tried this, but it does not take me to a survey... what's up?

If the first link doesn't work, try https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VFP93F9

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Here are the results with 14 votes thus far.

Attachments:
survey2016.jpg
survey2016.jpg [ 37.42 KiB | Viewed 682 times ]
Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Well, we have 14 votes in, with Pennsylvania top choice and the next two states bordering Pennsylvania. Top choice for dates is the third weekend.

How about I go ahead and book the same place as last year for the third weekend?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 am

Please post here (or PM me) if you're planning to attend the May Meetup. Details are at the start of this topic.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Carpooling: Post in this topic if you're looking to carpool and not sure who to talk to. People flying in to New York or Philadelphia might be able to carpool together or with other people driving through those cities.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next