Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Face-To-Face CGAA Groups in the Yuma, Arizona Area? 

State/Province/Country: Arizona - USA
Hello Everybody.

Before I begin this post, I would like to share something with you. As I said in my intro, I've been a hardcore gaming addict all my life. I officially joined CGAA about a week ago and, since then, have felt neither the desire nor the inclination "The Urge" to play games of any kind :claps: :thumbsup: :D. I haven't even played so much as a single hand of Solitaire.

I do sometimes dream about video games.. I wake up feeling "Wow.. that was weird.." :dunno: and then try to go on with my day.

Now to the subject. Does anyone know if there is a Face-To-Face CGAA group in the Yuma, Arizona area? I seem to have a great deal of difficulty staying awake and alert around the time that the Online meetings begin (7:30 PM PST?). I confess that I am an early-to-bed, early-to-rise sort of person.

I don't know if I could start a group myself as I am a new member here but if anyone knows of an already active group I'd love to attend. Tuesday evenings (6:00 PM PST) and Thursday Afternoons (12:00 PM PST) are the only times I'm not available.

Thank you so much for your help and words of encouragement. I can't believe I haven't played any games.. I once thought I'd never be able to quit.

I will keep trying to attend meetings online. Until then, May The Force (Or Da Shwartz) Be With You All... Always.

Ben W.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:44 am

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Hi Ben

Congrats on a week off games! That's great.

There is no meeting in Yuma, yet. Someone was looking to start one in Tucson and another person near Phoenix, but those are both far away from Yuma. Do you want me to create a cgaa email that is forwarded to you when someone is looking to meet others near Yuma? I'd be glad to do that.

There are daily meetings at 7pm MST/PDT. If that's too late for you, you could try the 5:30pm MST/PDT meetings on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Also, we have daily meetings at 10:30am MST/PDT. I highly recommend meeting others at the meetings and making connections. Without the support I found in meetings, I would probably be gaming this moment.

See you around!

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]