Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 In Person Recovery 

State/Province/Country: Rockland NY
I don't think i ever would have walked into a.f2f meeting as my first meeting. Yet, years in, i needed more human interaction than i was getting over a screen.

Being that there were no face to face meetings, i announced that there was a meeting at a local starbucks and i attended the online meeting while i waited for someone to show up.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:19 am
Profile WWW

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
That's cool, hirsh, great idea.

We DO need more ftf CGAA meetings. I think we haven't found the formula for creating truly viable, growing ones as yet. There are A LOT of gaming addicts out there (some estimates say that between 2% and 6% of gamers are severely addicted; my guess is there are a lot more that would benefit from our fellowship).

I have always hoped that the online meetings would grow to the point that there would be enough people to have 2 or 3 in some large cities, which I think is helpful (though not required) for starting a meeting. It's been slow. There are several hundred people who have signed up for the forum. If we could just get most of them to share where they live, I'll bet there would be some connections made.

In any case, I'm incredibly glad our fellowship exists, in whatever form. I can call just about anyone, and what I've gotten from that (friendship, fellowship, sponsors and the program) has saved me from the day-by-day death of gaming addiction. Hugs and thanks to all of you.

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2