Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Houston Meetings 

State/Province/Country: Texas
Hello all,

Houston is, some say, the recovery capital of the world.
We have an incredibly strong AA fellowship here- heck, AA, NA, SLAA, any anonymous 12 step program you can think of- but not gaming.

We have tremendous resources for fighting the disease of alcoholism- the medical center, universities and researchers, great rehabilitation centers, and I think a lot of that power can be invested in helping people to get off of games.

I'm hoping another sober gaming addict shows up in Houston so that we can start a meeting here. I can't wait for that next level of CGAA to take off.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 pm

I know there's at least one of us in Texas, but I'm not sure how close she is to Houston. You could look at the face-to-face link on the info site...maybe you'll see what you're looking for there.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:58 pm

State/Province/Country: California
There's someone who used to be pretty active but hasn't been around in a few months who lives in Houston. If he reemerges, I'll mention that there's someone else interested in a local meeting. There was a Dallas meeting for a while, but that's not so close to Houston.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 pm

State/Province/Country: NC, USA
Nicholas, your best bet will be to reach out to those various resources you listed above and let them know you, personally, are available to do 12th step work should they encounter a gaming addict seeking recovery. That will probably form the basis of your ability to recruit folks to start a meeting with. AA has good materials on how to do public outreach without breaking your anonymity or falling afoul of the other traditions.

I've been hesitating to do this myself in Raleigh-Durham, however, due to my concern over not being able to handle any potential volume that might arise from it. I reccon when I am ready, though (whether I know I am or not), God will give me the necessary kick in the butt to get me moving :)

Hope this helps!

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm

State/Province/Country: Texas
Thanks all. I will look into AA's resources on starting a meeting although I don't know when I'd do so. Will check out what you all have posted.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]