Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 14 days in... 

State/Province/Country: CO, USA
So I'm at the two weeks sober point and I got to say life has been pretty crazy over the last two weeks. The good news is I've experienced some boredom but no real cravings to game. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I am not only looking back on what events led to me wanting to escape into gaming two years ago, but on why I didn't have the emotional tools to deal with them in the first place. It is leading me on a long road of self discovery with who I am and why. I've had some personal breakthroughs about a few things already and I just seem to discovering more and more about myself everyday. This may be the first experience I have had in my adult life where I feel like there is an opportunity to grow as a person. It is weird thinking that after all I have been through, but it is the truth. One of the things I've always questioned the most is "Who am I supposed to be in this world, and what do I owe the world?" Clearly that isn't a question that has the strong potential to lead to personal happiness, and so I think I am going to focus the next year of my life on a question more similar to "Am I being true to myself and the things that make me happy in life?".

I also found a great website I thought I'd share. I believe it is run by a Navy doctor who studies addictions with service members. There are some great youtube videos in his library that I thought were helpful:

http://www.hooked-on-games.com/

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16 pm

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Congrats on two weeks Spiker! That's great. Sounds like you're making the most of a tough time. I can relate to the roller coaster feeling and learning so much so fast. My early recovery was a tough time that I look back on very fondly.

Thanks for posting about your progress :)

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:28 am

Congrats on the 2 weeks! That's really great...there are going to be hard things that come up later, but the first bit I think is still the hardest, so keep it up.

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]