Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Third Annual CGAA Meetup May 19-22 

State/Province/Country: Virginia
We're planning a meet-up/conference/retreat Friday May 19 (4pm checkin) - Monday May 22 (11am checkout), held in a rented house in Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania.

If you're planning to come, please post here or write Scott to say how many days (one, two or three) that you will be / might be coming.

The house has internet access. We will have an online voice Anniversary meeting from the house that everyone around the world can participate in. There are 15 spots. We have 8 beds and 7 BYOM (bring your own mattress) spots.

Costs:
See the chart to figure how much to pay. To pay, see topic1309.html (PM me if you can't access this post.)

The total is about $900. I am covering the damage deposit for now. If any of that deposit is withheld, we'll all need to chip in for it. Most likely, there will be no damage costs, but it could run as high as $40 each.

Food:
Depending on how many people come / how much money we collect, we will buy some amount of bulk staples, maybe $150-$250 worth. Please bring snacks or special foods you'd like to have.

Cars:
Carpool if you can. Parking at the houses probably won't hold twelve cars.

Hope you can make it! :hugs:

Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:47 pm

State/Province/Country: The Netherlands
I'm missing the Netherlands and Russia on the list.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm looking at houses. It would be very helpful to have a good idea of how many people to expect. Looks like the best choices might be:

For 5-7 people, a small house: $500 rent for 5 beds in 4 rooms with 2 bathrooms.

For 8-10 people, the same Blakeslee house: $650 rent for 8 beds in 5 rooms with 2 bathrooms, or
a house near Arrowhead Lake: $600 rent for 8 beds in 6 rooms with 3 bathrooms.

For 9-12 people, Westcolang house: $750 for 9 beds in 6 rooms with 2 bathrooms.

For 13+ people, two houses near Arrowhead Lake: $1075 rent for 13 beds in 9 rooms with 4 bathrooms. The two houses are about 0.5 mile apart in the same neighborhood. We could have most of the events in the larger house, with a couple of events at the smaller one.

(I didn't price houses in Netherlands or Moscow... maybe next year?)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:46 pm

(Sorry if you already answered the survey...) There's a new survey! We need to know...

How likely are you to come?
What price range suits you?

... as well as ...

What locations suit you? and
Which weekend works best?

Same link as before: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C5NY5QS
Old answers were cleared out.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:54 pm

State/Province/Country: NC, USA
So I was looking at the date and thought "May 2014??? Really? This thread is that old???" and really confused by the conversation until I realized that I was looking at Scott's "start date" as a member, not the time stamp for the posts.

*doh!*

Last edited by MorganF on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:20 pm

State/Province/Country: NC, USA
Xander, you may want to consider hosting a Europe-local meet-up since travel across the pond is cost and time prohibitive for most folks on either side of it.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Thank you for organizing this, Scott.

I'm interested in coming, but the weekend of May 20 is my son's bar mitzvah. No can do.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 pm

Here are survey results so far. Hoping to hear from a few more people who have attended in past years.

Attachment:
survey2017.jpg
survey2017.jpg [ 48.61 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

Pennsylvania is the choice spot again for this year. (It would be great to eventually have our meetup in different locations each year, but for now the northeast U.S. is where most of us are.)

Looks like the first weekend of May will work best for us all. I think it's more important that more people can attend than that the day is close to the actual anniversary of CGAA.

It seems like we have enough interest to justify getting two houses, especially with a significant majority willing to spend a bit more to have a nicer place with more beds and rooms and bathrooms.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:01 pm

State/Province/Country: Chicago, IL
Scott wrote:
Here are survey results so far. Hoping to hear from a few more people who have attended in past years.

Attachment:
survey2017.jpg

Pennsylvania is the choice spot again for this year. (It would be great to eventually have our meetup in different locations each year, but for now the northeast U.S. is where most of us are.)

Looks like the first weekend of May will work best for us all. I think it's more important that more people can attend than that the day is close to the actual anniversary of CGAA.

It seems like we have enough interest to justify getting two houses, especially with a significant majority willing to spend a bit more to have a nicer place with more beds and rooms and bathrooms.

I wanted to clarify if the meetup will be the first or third weekend of May so I can plan accordingly. The CGAA site is saying the third weekend, but the forum is saying the first weekend.

The first weekend will work better for me.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:21 am

State/Province/Country: Rockland NY
Ditto. When do we finalize?

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next