Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:14 am

Forum rules

Welcome! Any newcomer or member struggling with compulsive gaming is welcome to post here. We encourage you to post an introduction and ask for help.

To keep our discussions safe and respectful, we ask for:
* No offensive content.
* No debate. This is a mutual support forum, not a general discussion forum.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Well hello 

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Greetings,
I am new here, and I have never felt better since I have not gamed for almost 2 months now. My recovery is going strong with very minimal urges to play now. On the other hand, it's saddening to realize how much life they have taken from me. I am so behind my friends academically that I feel depressed that I spend 16 years of my life just wasting it. In the end, I find a way to disregard this.

I am currently optimistic and pursuing an active and successful life. There are so many real things to change that are not avatars. I realize that I really enjoy working for my rewards over a longer period of time than to be constantly try and get myself high on the rush, literally. Anyways, I am happy to meet you all and I would love to work with other people to achieve a life-long independence from the shackles of video games!

:hugs:

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:45 am

State/Province/Country: NC, USA
Hey Maskett, welcome to CGAA! We're glad you're here and thus-far enjoying a bit of sobriety :) Most of the recovery action is in our Mumble and Stepchat meetings, so I hope we get to see you in the rooms!

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:30 pm

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Congrats on almost two months! And thanks for sharing your progress. That's how this fellowship works, sharing our experience, strength and hope with each other. It's cool you want to work with other people. You'll find lots of them in the meetings. See you around.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 pm

State/Province/Country: The Netherlands
Hi Maskett, :welcome:

Congratulations with the two months. These forums may be a bit on the quiet side, but looks are deceiving. The action happens in the meetings and there's a lot of experience, strength and hope to be found in them.

Directions to mumble and sttepchat are available on our website, as well as a meeting calendar which tells where and when the meetings are.

I hope to see you in a meeting soon!

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]