Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 3:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 technical issues with mumble 

Could we have a seciton in the forum for technical issues with mumble? I can't get in because I have a cert issue.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:28 pm

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Here is a link for help with mumble problems: https://commandchannel.com/Tutorials/

Here's what it says on certificate problems:

Quote:
If you are getting the error message “Wrong password for registered users, please try again” — this means that the user name you are trying to connect as has been registered on the server, and you don‘t have the matching certificate for that registered account.

This problem commonly happens when someone re-installs their operating system, and forgets to import the old certificate. There are three ways that this problem can be resolved:

Method 1: Import your old certificate

This is the best option if you still have a backup of your old certificate. To import your certificate click on Configure → Certificate Wizard. Select the option Import a certificate and then follow the wizard to find your old certificate.

Tip: When you install Mumble, an automatic backup of your certificate is saved to your Documents folder, under the name MumbleAutomaticCertificateBackup.p12. If you haven‘t created a new certificate since installing Mumble this should be your current certificate backup.

Method 2: Use a different Name

Connecting under a different user name (one that is not already registered on the server) will allow you to get back into the server right away. You will need to do this for every server that you were registered on.

Method 3: Delete the old registration

Ask one of the users on your server who have administrative access to delete your old registration. They can do this by clicking on Server → Registered Users, and then highlighting your name and clicking the Remove button. If you have the SuperUser password to the Mumble server you can log in as SuperUser and perform these steps yourself.

As with method two, you‘ll need to do this on every server you registered with.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 am

State/Province/Country: Chicago, IL
If you install a new OS then you will need to have your account unregistered from the Mumble server and reregistered

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Hey Scott,

I don't know if you did anything, but magically I got back in. First i put in a new name, then the old one worked with no trouble too.

thanks for the help!
Kit

Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]