Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Speaker meeting 

State/Province/Country: Chicago, IL
I think I am ready to explain everything about my gaming past. There is so much that I can explain that can help a lot of people out! Can I speak at a speaker meeting? I will make an agenda on what I will talk about.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 am

State/Province/Country: The Netherlands
Humility is an important spiritual principle. We refrain from putting ourselves on a pedestal and accept where we are in our lives. We understand there's a difference between giving and taking and giving and receiving. We also understand where our responsibility ends and that of the other starts.

We can be dishonest and take an opportunity while we may not be up to it or the opportunity may be there for another, which means that we are causing suffering; Or, we can be honest and receive the opportunity at our higher power's time. If we wait for our higher power to give us the gift of an opportunity the reward will, if we say "yes", end up being of benefit to all and fill us with gratitude. If we take an opportunity, it will end up costing us more than we invested and we end up wondering why we feel so tired and perhaps even angry.

When we humbly give, we leave the receiver free so we can enjoy all the more that which is given to us. When we give with expectation, we don't enjoy the giving as we are expecting something in return. In reality we are lending in hopes of obtaining more, this is what is called greed.

Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 pm

State/Province/Country: NC, USA
I spent years waiting to tell my story and wanting to sponsor. I never asked to do it because that felt wrong for reasons similar to what ADH was saying. Instead, what I kept coming back to was that when God is ready for me to speak or sponsor, I will be asked. The real power in this, for me, is that it also means that God thinks I am ready, even if I may not. I found a quiet sort of peace and joy in that- a reassurance. And in the mean time, while I waited, I sought other means to be of service.

Mon May 15, 2017 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]