Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Forum rules

* Each topic in this forum is a separate story
* Supportive comments only--no critical comments allowed
* Other topics should be posted in other forums

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Lisa's Story 

Thanks for sharing, Lisa. I'm really glad I never moved out from my single player games into multi-player games. Quitting was hard enough as it was, having a bunch of people to leave behind also would have made it a lot harder, I think. I'm glad you're here.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:33 pm

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Thanks for writing out your story Lisa. I was very moved when you shared it in the speaker meeting and am moved again today. My story is similar in many ways. I didn't expect video gaming to become an addiction. Yet it brought about the same sort of self-destruction, demoralization and loss of control that alcoholism did to me. You'll find something else we have in common here.

You've been an awesome power of example, going to meetings, greeting new people, leading so many meetings, starting a face-to-face group... thanks for all you do!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:56 pm

State/Province/Country: Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Tim and Scott and wow, Scott, we share the same game free date! :)

Lisa

Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:49 am

I REALLY related to your story. Absolutely. Thank you so much for coming here, staying here, and being active here. It's wonderful to be able to walk a life of recovery with you, my recovery friend and sister.

HUGS!!! :claps:

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:22 pm

it really hit me when you said team fortress... thats the game im addicted to now. im trying to stop.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:50 pm

State/Province/Country: California
Thank you, Lisa, for your story. I really relate to not feeling comfortable in my own skin, how amazingly well gaming worked to quiet the incessant chatter in my head, and the simple pleasures of chatting and laughing with others in the game. It was such a relief that it was hard to see what harm it could be causing. My gaming friends became real, and my real friends and family were increasingly a distraction. I had less and less in common with them as I spent more and more time time lost in the game world, so conversations became increasingly strained and awkward as I struggled to find anything to talk about that wouldn't reveal how much of my life revolved around gaming. It's been a lot harder to rebuild those friendships than it was to let them slip away, and I'm grateful to the ones who have stuck by me and to people like you in CGAA who welcomed me and helped me believe in people again.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]