Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Step Ten 

10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:51 pm

State/Province/Country: Cleveland, Ohio
I found this worksheet for step 10 and thought I'd share it. Step 10 is the "sanity" step as the promises state if I work this on a regular basis, I will "cease fighting anything or anyone...as sanity will have returned". Since I struggle far too often with internal fighting myself or judging and reacting to life out of fear, I am really focusing on achieving emotional sobriety by learning more about how to "practice these principles in all affairs" and working my "maintenance steps of 10, 11, and 12" daily, which I've never done a good job at.

Attachments:
Step_Ten_Worksheets.pdf [1.62 MiB]
Downloaded 101 times

Lisa
Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:00 pm

State/Province/Country: NC, USA
When we were wrong, promptly admitted it:

I failed to communicate to another team member what my plan was, resulting them having undue stress and having to do extra work.

I am trying to control a process with a group of people instead of let just letting it happen, inserting my ego in where it was not invited. This is potentially causing some of the folks around me some stress as well as causing myself some stress since I do not want to behave that way, but am.

I am not willing to accept responsibility for not knowing something that has ended up being inconvenient to the welfare of the group. While it is true that it was not my fault I did not know the thing, it is also true that I pushed the group down that path and spent quite a bit of breath extolling the virtues of that path before it nipped us. So my wrong here is not that I did not know this thing, but that I exerted my ego in a manner that led to an unhelpful outcome.

I am also wrong in that I am spending a lot of time preparing defenses for attacks that will likely never come from these folks instead of simply being honest about my mistakes. This is my pride and my insecurity tag-teaming me.

Yeah, I think that is all.

Nope, one more: I could be perfect and a person would still not like, so my part in is to focus on accepting myself as I am, with my flaws, and trusting that, in that relationship, I am still OK, that I am safe even if they are not a safe person.

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]