Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Forum rules

Welcome! Any newcomer or member struggling with compulsive gaming is welcome to post here. We encourage you to post an introduction and ask for help.

To keep our discussions safe and respectful, we ask for:
* No offensive content.
* No debate. This is a mutual support forum, not a general discussion forum.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Welcome to CGAA! 

Glad you found us here! If you're having problems connected to computer/video gaming, you're in the right place. Feel free to introduce yourself and ask any questions you might have.

FYI: The Introductions and Recovery forums are viewable by guests and search engines. To post something viewable by members only, use the For Members - Private forum.

To get a general overview of our fellowship and recovery program, please take a look at the information on the http://cgaa.info website. We highly recommend attending our online voice and chat meetings and making connections. By supporting each other, we stay off games one day at a time.

What can I do?

What can I expect?

Click on User Control Panel to update your profile. Please note: The Occupation and Website fields in your user profile are built into this software. We're not asking for that information and suggest that you leave it blank.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:08 am

State/Province/Country: Virginia
Just want to extend a welcome to people new to our fellowship. I hope you'll meet some of us in our meetings and introduce yourself.

If your gaming habits are like mine and the gaming out of control and the problems in life just keep piling up, there is hope. It is possible to not game one day at a time with the help of others doing the same. By working the CGAA program, we do recover, we do escape the vicious cycle, we do turn our lives around for the better. Give yourself a shot! You're worth it.

If you're interested in involvement in our group business, where we make decisions on meeting schedules, literature, website info, etc., please press the little PM button below and send me a message.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:15 am

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
I'm glad you found us.

CGAA is a fellowship, not an organization. That means that no one is in charge. We all work together in many different ways in order to support our own and each other's recovery.

We also don't have any employees. What happens here is all done by us. That includes you, whether you are one day free from games or a thousand. Here are some of the many ways people participate in the fellowship:

1. Come to meetings and share. Sharing your story helps you, and it helps others. Even if you are only one day away from games. It all helps.
2. Post on the forum. Post your story, post a comment, post an idea, or share what you're struggling with. People will respond. :)
3. Get somebody's skype info or phone number and become a recovery friend. Get a sponsor. The connections we have with each other help us stay off games, and stay sane. We recover together.
4. Welcome a newcomer. If you have a week, that's a big deal to someone who quit two hours ago. You can encourage them, help them. We share what we have, and to keep it, we need to give it away. "If all you've got is a car and a quarter, lend somebody a dime and give 'em a ride.

After a while, once you're over the withdrawal symptoms and have a few weeks or months game-free under your belt, you may want to do some of these things:

5. Offer to be a recovery friend to a newcomer, over skype or phone.
6. Be a meeting leader, or a greeter.
7. Put out some flyers in your local area telling people about CGAA
8. Get involved in the business of the fellowship (pm Scott).

Later, you may even want to:

9. Sponsor others
10. Serve the fellowship by taking a service position
11. Start your own face-to-face meeting/group

The key thing is this: We're all in it together here, and all equally able to participate. Participate according to what is right for you, what will help your recovery, and it will be good for us too. Everything you see someone else do here is something you also can do at some point. We recover together. Welcome home.

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]