Welcome to the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA. Visit http://cgaa.info for more information on our fellowship and program.
New people can register via this link.

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 CGAA meetup May 15-18 in Pennsylvania 

State/Province/Country: Virginia
We're planning a meet-up/conference/retreat Friday May 15 (3pm checkin) - Monday May 18 (11am checkout), held in a rented house in Blakeslee, Pennsylvania.

If there's any chance you will come, please post here or write Jeff, Chris or Scott to say how many days (one, two or three) that you will be / might be coming.

The house has internet access. We will have an online voice Anniversary meeting from the house that everyone around the world can participate in.

Costs:
$50 for one night, $70 for two, $90 for three. If you're only coming for part of a day, it would be great if you chipped in a little money, like $20. To pay, see topic734.html (PM me if you can't access this post.)

The total is around $700. If fewer than ten people come, we'll have to collect a bit more. For example, if eight people come we'll need to pay another $16 each. If more than ten people come, we will use the extra money collected to buy food for the whole group.

Chris and Jeff are very kindly covering the damage deposit. If any of that deposit is withheld, we'll need to reimburse them for it. Most likely, there will be no damage costs, but it could run as high as $40 each.

Food:
We will likely pool money and buy bulk staples, maybe $200 worth, and ask each person to chip in $10 for each day they'll be there. Please bring snacks or special foods you'd like to have. I'll start a separate thread for discussing food preferences and a group grocery list.

Cars:
Carpool if you can. The parking probably wouldn't hold ten cars, and we have to pay $10 for each car beyond four.

Hope you can make it! :hugs:

Attending (name, chances of coming, number of nights, carpooling)
Scott, paid, 3 nights
Chris, paid, 2 nights
Jeff, paid, 3 nights
Asya, paid, 2 nights
Hirsh, paid, 2 nights
Conor, paid, 3 nights
Lisa, paid, 3 nights
Jesse, paid, 3 nights
LS, paid, 2 nights
Russ, paid, 2 nights
Al, maybe, 1 night
Orchid, paid, 3 nights
Yar, paid, 2 nights
Tom, paid, 3 nights

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:14 am

State/Province/Country: California
I'm thinking about it. It's a long trek from San Diego, though, so I'm not sure yet. If both dates in the business thread are still being considered, it'd be a bit better for me if it's not Memorial Day weekend, both for flight costs and work schedule. However, I'm still pretty new around here and am not sure if I can afford it even if I want to come, so I wouldn't schedule it around me.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:57 am

State/Province/Country: Colorado, USA
Several people have expressed a preference for the weekend before Memorial Day, and there's another good reason to choose that one, so that's probably the default.

I did some work with spreadsheets today. Because there's a deposit, and we will need another place for at least one night if there are enough people (and it's right next door and has a lot to offer), the cost could be as much as $40-50 per night. If a few people could front the deposit with the expectation of getting it back, then that could go down a bit.

The real question is how many people and how many nights?

Please respond here and tell whether you would be staying:

Friday night the 15th
Sat. night the 16th
Sun. night the 17th

Let's do this quickly so that we can move forward with a reservation soon. :) Thanks!

And I'm very excited about meeting everyone who can make it.

You just won't live any life at all.

I was dan1 in a former life.

reddit: DansNewLife

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:03 pm

State/Province/Country: Rockland NY
Are we talking about March 15th, 16th and 17th? The earliest I could make it is the night of the 16th if at all.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:50 am
Profile WWW

State/Province/Country: Virginia
I think we're exploring the idea of three full days, from check-in time Friday til check-out time Monday. Once we know who is actually committed to coming and what works best for everyone, we'll be able to decide on 2 or 3 days, 1 or 2 cabins, the exact dates, etc.

Of course, anyone can come for one day, or two, or a few hours, or whatever. Maybe we could come up with a cost per person per day, maybe $30, so that if I come for three days, I contribute $90 and someone that comes for one day contributes $30. One idea. We also need to figure out how to handle the deposit.

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:05 am

Hirshthg,

I think the plan is for May 15th-18th, based on Jeff's post up above about the weekend before Memorial Day.

I unfortunately will not be able to make it as we are expecting our 2nd child to arrive somewhere near that time period. I hope to hear all about the get-together though :).

Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:51 pm

I would be interested in attending, could probably stay all 3 days.

I'm excited to meet you all!

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 pm

I can show all three

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Can most likely go, plan on being there for as long as we're having it.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:09 am

State/Province/Country: Cleveland, Ohio
I can attend the whole time

Lisa

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next